Board Meeting Minutes June 2023
Board Meeting Agenda — Tuesday, June 13th, 2023
Roll Call: Present: Rick, Geoff, Ilan, Quinlan, John, Ed and guests Roger Taylor and Art Fitzimmons
1) Next board meeting date and location?
- Next board meeting? Do we need one in July? Yes, mostly to deal with the competition website issues.
- Next club meeting - July 9th at the shop.
- Mexican Lager Comp - still need a partner brewery
2) Treasurer’s Report
- Usual Financial info.
- Bank accounts look good.
- Did we ask Nolan for a second run of shirts?
- It was brought up that we lose money on every happy hour, mostly because of the credit card processing fee. It was suggested that we raise the price by $1.00 to cover that. To be discussed at the next board meeting after talking to Drew and Tiffany.
- Drew - we usually do bump the price by $1 unless the pack is $20+
- Mayfaire recap:
- How did it go? 30 meals. About 18 spent the night.
- Homebrew Con San Diego Wed. June 21-Sat. June 24
- What are we taking?
- Who is taking what?
- Art bringing 3 club double and 1 Tavern quad jockey box
- John bringing club beer engine
- 2nd Table? Sign? Tablecloth? Swag to sell?
- Brewery Crawl- John Rip current @ 2PM
- Sign up sheet for bottles, kegs
- Summer Brew Crawl
- July 22nd what is the latest. Tiffany has info up on website.
- Arrowhead Brewfest Sept 9
- Is this instead of or in addition to the Sept. club meeting Instead. Drew to write up by-law change for changing the “no August meeting” to a “no September meeting”.
- Impact on club elections They will be in August.
- Do we need to change the bylaws? Yes, Drew will do it.
- Has anyone booked a campsite for some to camp? Bob to take care of that.
- Date? October.
- There’s a rumor that the DAV has reopened under new management. Bob will check out.
- Collabs for the 50th anniversary - HAS ANYONE TALKED TO ANY OF THESE BREWERIES YET?:
- Highland Park-
- LBBL- Drew
- Paperback-Pending (Status)
- Bruery- Ilan
- Naughty Pine
- Lawless- Geoff
- Smog City -Let’s reach out
- FW-Set to rebrew the Browneywine recipe at the propagator. For a release for their brewmaster collective.
- Sierra Nevada in Chico - Nicolai & Bob
- Russian River - Drew will email Vinnie
4) Vice President
- Did we find the Golden bee? Not yet.
- Did all the scoresheets get uploaded? All but two.
5) Grand Hydro
- What are we drinking-
- Grand Hydro Comps:
- July- Mexican Lager
- October-Imperial Stout
- Happy Hour:
- When is the next one? TBD
- Anything new?
7) Art Director
- Anything new?
- What are the numbers? 136 April
- Active Members: 136 members june 13th
- New Members: 2
- Auto subscriptions: 41
- Any new discounts? No
- Do you need any support from the board? Access to any accounts?
Nicolai volunteered to scan 25th anniversary recipe book and have it available in electronic format.
- Shop Brews
- July?- No, too hot
- August? No, too hot
- Deadline for submission: Monday, June 19
- Ideas for content: Upcoming events, Homebrew Con, upcoming competitions, report from Mayfaire
12) Burger Meister- cold dishes
- Anything new?
- The secretary is supposed to publish club meeting minutes. Newsletter? Website?
14) Other business?
- Continue organizing the club house, let’s make it look nice for our guests. What can we throw away?
- Go through boxes–label and organize. When?
- All Mayfaire beers have been cleaned up. DKM? Apparently there are still two ice chests full of beer.
- Long, narrow shed for competition ice chests. On hold. Tarps for now.-Status? Needs to happen soon so the ice chests don’t deteriorate. VP’s (and John) threw away about six in Mayfaire season
- Change over brunch at yacht club - Nicoli