Falcon Homebrewer Of The Year (Merlin Cup Awards)
Maltose Falcons Homebrew Society Homebrewer of the year
1 point - Winning the "Best Beer" as voted during the monthly club meetings.
1 point - Contributing an article that was included in a monthly newsletter.
3 points - Organizing a club activity.
5 points - Faithfully serve as an officer of the club for the duration of the year.
- 2 points - For each BJCP point earned for organizing, stewarding, judging or administering tests in BJCP sanctioned events.
- 2 points - For contributing to the homebrewing community at large. Writing articles for homebrewing publications, leading educational courses, speaking at conferences, authoring books, appearing in television programs or other high profile things that show homebrewing in a positive light.
All brewers strive to make good beer and most spend many, many years perfecting their craft. Those most excellent beers can be submitted to competition and will earn awards which bring prestige to the brewer and the club. These points are cumulative for each entry.
- 1 point - Per beer submission to a BJCP registered competition. (cap 2 points per competition)
- 1 point - Third place award in a Category in a BJCP registered competition
- 2 points - Second place award in a Category in a BJCP registered competition
- 3 points - First place award in a Category in a BJCP registered competition
- 1 points - Second runner up for Best of Show award in a BJCP registered competition
- 2 points - First runner up for Show award in a BJCP registered competition
- 5 points - Earning Best of Show award in a BJCP registered competition
- 2x points - For points earned from awards (not submissions) in the following competitions (for instance, a BOS would earn 17 points, ((3 for winning category + 5 for BOS) x 2) + 1 for the entry):
- Doug King Memorial
- Los Angeles County Fair
- Pacific Brewers Cup
- California State Fair Homebrew Competition
- California State Homebrew Competition
- America's Finest City
- NHC Rounds 1 and 2