Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice (pumpkin and spice soda)
|brown sugar Cup||0.66||0.88||1.32||1.76||2.20||3.96|
|white sugar cub||0.66||0.88||1.32||1.76||2.20||3.96|
|pumpkin puree Tbs||3.00||4.00||6.00||16.00||10.00||18.00|
|# 1.5 oz syrup servings||10.67||21.33||32.00||42.67||53.33||64.00|
|total soda volume in Oz||85.33||170.67||256.00||341.33||426.67||512.00|
|total soda volume in Gallons||0.67||1.33||2.00||2.67||3.33||4.00|
|# 12 oz servings||7.11||14.22||21.33||28.44||35.56||42.67|
1. In a small sauce pan, combine the water and all four spices.
2. Cover and bring to a simmer for about 5 min.
3. Allow to cool, then strain through a fine mesh sieve or suitable strainer to remove the ground spice. You should have plenty of good spice flavor infused into the water.
4. Top up your spice infused water to the indicated volume and combine in the saucepan (rinsed of all spice granules) with the sugar.
5. Heat to dissolve the sugar, this may take it to a simmer again.
6. Remove from heat and add pumpkin puree.
7. Allow to cool and add to soda water.
For soda by the glass:
To 2 Tbsp syrup, add 8-10 oz of Club Soda or to taste. Carefully stir and enjoy. With this recipe, there will be pulp from the pumpkin, so a finished soda doesn't bottle and store well. I've tried to keep the particulates at a reasonable level by filtering out the spice. You can leave the spice unfiltered if you wish for using this recipe in things like cream cheese, ice cream, pancakes, hot chocolate, eggnog or anything where you might expect spice to linger. For a thinner body beverage like soda, it's best to leave the spice granules out, but keep the flavor in.
This is a great Soda Stream recipe because it lends itself well to smaller batches: the pulp settles out if it sits, and if your house is like mine, not everyone likes pumpkin pie flavor, particularly in a soda. The syrup keeps for up to three weeks in the refrigerator, but it's good enough that it probably won't be around that long.
For soda by the keg:
While the syrup is cooling, full you keg with about 1/3 ice cubes and 1/3 cold water. Whn the syrup is cooled, add this to the keg, top with remaining water and close the keg tightly. Carbonate at 30# psi while shaking vigorously for 20 minutes. Adjust pressure and dispense as needed.