Our annual "Brew with a Falcon" day is set for Saturday, March 25th! Here's the skinny: a few members of the club will be opening up their homes to other folks to brew together. Most of these sites will be unlike a shop brew - there will be no wort for members to take home. Instead, brewers will signup and on Saturday, March 25th you'll go to your chosen location and hang out, learn and help out.
So why do we do this? Because brewing, for all the writing and lessons, is still a craft best learned by doing and watching! It's a great excuse to have people visit each other, share a few beers, make new friends, learn a few things and have a great time as members of the Falcons! Also, lunch is provided!
Please sign up by clicking the Host/Brewday you would like to join! The week before the brewday, I'll email the addresses to those who signed up. I'll update with additional details as they emerge.
Bernard Lebel - Reseda
- Brewing a tangerine pale ale
- Lunch possibly either pizza from Flame Pizzeria, or some home made meatballs with pasta.
- Limited to 6 people max
Dominic Washington - Downey
- "We will be doing a parti-gyle Baltic porter(lager) with the first runnings, and a Vanilla porter(ale) with the second."
- There might be some bread baking with spent grain, but that is tentative
- Limited to 10 people max
Nicolai Abramson - West LA
- Secret Belgian brewing TBA, but close-toed shoes are required, so you know it's going to be good.
- Got a portable system? Bring your own! Tiffany and Benno are also going to swing by with theirs to simultaneously brew a small batch of their own.
Rick Morales & Craig Shapland - Reseda
- They'll be brewing a Mosaic IPA on Rick's 1 bbl system. This one is similar to a shop brew in that attendees get to bring home 5 gallons! Bring a fermenter and cash to split cost of ingredients.
Limited to 6 people max (ALREADY FULL!)