Special Rules for 2012 LACF Homebrew Competition
- The competition is open only to individuals 21 years of age or over. Brewing teams are allowed, but no club entries will be accepted.
- All entries must be made on a home brewing system.
- Contestants are limited to one (1) beer per subclass. All entries must be listed on a completed entry form. If the judges should know about special ingredients, such as specific herbs used in an herb beer, they should be specified on the Entry Form and on the Bottle Identification Form.
- Contestants must enter two (2) 10 to 16-ounce brown, green or clear glass bottles with crown caps, per entry. Bottles holding as little as 6-ounces may be used for Meads, Barleywines or Imperial Stouts. Bottles and caps must be plain, clean and free of any labels or identifying marks. Each bottle must have a copy of the L.A. County Fair Bottle Identification Form attached by a rubber band only. DO NOT USE GLUE OR TAPE TO ATTACH FORMS. Entry forms are printed after your entry is registered online at: http://competitions.maltosefalcons.com/2012LACF/entryform.php All entries become the property of the Los Angeles County Fair Association. The Competition Entries sent to L.A. County Fair –Home-Brew should be sent to arrive no later than Thursday, July 19, 2012. Fees must be paid by PayPal, check or money order made payable to L.A. County Fair. DO NOT SEND CASH.
- DEADLINE for delivery of entries and fees is Thursday, July 19, 2012. Entries (bottles) mailed must be received on or before July 19, 2012. Hand delivered entries accepted between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at the L.A. County Fair - Home Brew beginning June 13, 2012, or please refer to rule # 6 below.
- The following shops will accept walk-ins until closing time Friday, July 20, 2012 (check shops for individual closing times).
Home Wine, Beer & Cheesemaking Shop, 22836 Ventura Blvd., Unit #2, Woodland Hills, CA 91364, (818) 884-8586.
Culver City Home Brewing Supply, 4358½ Sepulveda Blvd., Culver City, CA 90230, (310) 397-3453.
Eagle Rock Home Brewing Supply, 4981 Eagle Rock Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90041, (323) 258-2107
Stein Fillers, 4160 Norse Way, Long Beach, CA 90808, (562) 425-0588.
- All entries sent or delivered to a shop must be marked ATTN: L.A. County Fair- Home-Brew. No exceptions or walk-ins at judging will be allowed.
- Entries not complying with these rules may still be judged, but will not be eligible for prizes or awards. Ribbons for first, second and third place will be awarded in each beer style class, subject to the decisions of the judges. All decisions of the judges and competition organizer are final. Special awards or prizes for certain classes may also be provided, pending donations from brewing supply shops, microbreweries, home-brew clubs, and/or private individuals.
For more information, please contact:
Ed Kochanowski Amy Pond – Cirelli
vicepresident [at] maltosefalcons [dot] com (909) 865-4043
apond [at] fairplex [dot] com